1. The IT firm should have a good understanding of the Biotech industry. The industry has certain traits common to it. The IT firm should understand all this and be able to proffer cost effective solutions to avoid delays and over spending.
2. The IT firm should have a proven track record of experience in the industry; this gives the IT firm leverage in dealing with Managers and Workers so as to provide the most cost effective working environment that will enable the Biotech perform at optimal level.
3. The IT firm should be able to get innovations to the target market fast and cost efficiently, saving the Biotech time and money in the process.
4. The IT firm should give the air of a ‘one client firm’; make the Biotech feel like ’We are small enough to really know you and large enough to take care of your every need.’
5. Also, IT money saving experts will be able to proffer ways the firm can save on expenditure without compromising on productivity.
6. IT firms should be able to deal with all current and foreseeable issues, provide solutions even before such issues occur.
7. Pertaining to equipment and technology deployed at the client’s workplace, the IT firm should be able to proffer solutions as to how to coordinate efforts in harmony to ensure maximum productivity, thus profits. From my experience as an IT consultant, clients want their innovations to hit their target markets fast and precise, to eliminate high costs of information dissemination but not compromising on effectiveness. IT firms should partner with their clients to ensure maximum efficiency in productivity at cost effective rates, do more with less.